Home Feature Man, wife, baby die in house fire

Man, wife, baby die in house fire


It was a bleak Christmas for residents of 27 Mabel Street, off Etete road in Benin City as a family of three lost their lives to an early morning fire which razed their building.

The landlord of the house, Mr. Egberamwen Nosakhare said the fire started at 2:00am when he saw smoke billowing from one of the tenants’ room.

Nosakhare said, “I forced the door open and saw flames of fire from the gas cooker and there was nothing I could do. I was helpless and could not go in. The family died in the inferno.”

A tenant, Mrs. Osayande Joseph, said she ran into her room to pick up her child and escaped through the back door.

A neighbour, Okhuoghae Osawaru, said, “The affected family was inside the house when the fire started.

“The man is a hard-working man. He just returned from outstation to celebrate Christmas with his wife and baby. He was humble and nice. It was a pity for it to happen on Christmas day.”

The name of the man was unknown at press time. Vanguard


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here